Pastor Mark Vander Tuig reported that we have now 853 congregations in the US. And LCMC is now also in 17 countries, medical the churches in these countries have found LCMC on the internet. There is a protical for joining LCMC and a face to face meeting is required. LCMC has only six staff members and owns no building as its head quarters.
- The congregation is the Front Line of Ministry!
- We are all on the same team!
- We call ourselves a first century church for the 21st century.
- The Holy Spirit is very much at work.
Pastor Mark Vander Tuig will be our guest preacher at Faith Lutheran Church for our 65th Anniversary Celebration on November 8, mind 2015. Come and see!
What Pastor Vander Tuig believes..
- Pastors and leasders who are sold out to the Great Commission!
- Congregations who are a part of new and ongoing reformation
- Congregations making disciples
- Helping each other to find our place in fulfilling the Great Commisssion
- Each person is called to serve Jesus with are whole lives
ENGAGING OUR COMMUNITIES
- Our congregations have been planted for a God given purpose
- We are to be a conduit for Gods blessings
- Earning the right to tell this world of Jesus love and mercy
- Generosity as evangelism
- Willing to give a reason for our hope
CONGREGATIONS ARE SENDING PEOPLE OUT
- To be ambassadors for Christ; in each trip to the grocery story is a “micro-smission trip”
- To our families, see our neighborhoods, our places of work and business, our schools and sporting events
- And some…into the vocation of ministry as pastors, leaders, and teachers
PLANTING 1000 CONGREGATIONS OVER 10 YEARS
- The past four years with 6 years to go
HOW DO WE GET THERE? FOUR THINGS…
- People of Prayer. “The church will never rise up until it fir gets to its knees.” www.lcmc.net/prayer
- Becoming Mission Minded. 46 ministry starts in the last 26 months.
- Getting Connected. www.lcmc.net go to “Churches Connect” in order to link with other churches Mission Opportunities. www.lcmc.netyouth-gathering “Called to Serve” July 19-22, 2016
- Trained and Equipped. Serving the Association.
Ephesians 6:10-18, Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. NIV
- belt of truth
- breastplate of righteousness
- feet fitted with the Gospel of peace
- the shield of faith
- the helmet of salvation
- the sword of the spirit — the Word of God (be people of the Word again)